Re: which will be faster? w/ or w/o indices

От dev@archonet.com
Тема Re: which will be faster? w/ or w/o indices
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> I understand that if you are importing data into the database
> that this will go faster if there are no indices against the
> target table.
>
> If I want to run this statement:
> INSERT INTO table_a SELECT * from table_b WHERE value_1 BETWEEN
> X AND Y;
> is it best to do that with or without indices?

Can't really say without testing - it'll depend on the size of the various
tables, X and Y disk speeds etc. The only suggestion I can make is to try
an EXPLAIN (Reference manual, SQL commands) with and without
ENABLE_SEQSCAN off (Admin guide ch 3.2).

- Richard Huxton

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Christoph Haller
Сообщение: SET TIMEOUT equivalent / was: Lock timeout detection
От: Christoph Haller
Сообщение: Re: conversi ms-sql7 vs postgresql 7.3