Re: UNION DISTINCT in doc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UNION DISTINCT in doc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
> 2010/10/15 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> I think it'd be hard to describe without confusing people, because
>> while DISTINCT is a noise word there, it's definitely not a noise
>> word after SELECT.

> I thought adding DISTINCT next to ALL is enough like

> select_statement UNION [ ALL | DISTINCT ] select_statement

> and say "UNION DISTINCT is identical to UNION only" or something. That
> sounds not so confusing with DISTINCT clause description.

I looked at this more closely and decided that we could probably avoid
confusion if the description of the "DISTINCT clause" was careful to say
SELECT DISTINCT and SELECT ALL, rather than just DISTINCT/ALL.
Committed that way.

От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] column-level update privs + lock table
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: host name support in pg_hba.conf