Re: MAX/MIN optimization via rewrite (plus query rewrites generally)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MAX/MIN optimization via rewrite (plus query rewrites generally)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Re: knowing internal representation, I think this is required anyway;
> else the optimization would only work on a very limited numer of
> situations.

The point of my remark is that pushing this knowledge out to a function
is helpful only if you can put that function somehow at arm's length
from the main body of the optimizer.  Otherwise structuring it like that
is useless obscurantism.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: MAX/MIN optimization via rewrite (plus query rewrites generally)
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: multiline CSV fields