Re: ILIKE

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: ILIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane kirjutas E, 24.02.2003 kell 19:30:
> > Hey, I don't want to take your ILIKE away.  But at the time it was added
> > the claim was that it was for compatibility and now we learn that that was
> > wrong.

This _is_ a compatibility feature, just not as straightforward as you
may think, i.e. some databases have LIKE which behaves like our ILIKE.

>  That is something to make people aware of, for example in the
> > documentation.
>
> It already does say
>
> : The keyword ILIKE can be used instead of LIKE to make the match case
> : insensitive according to the active locale. This is not in the SQL
> : standard but is a PostgreSQL extension.
>
> What else would you want to say?

Perhaps add (From the mail of Josh Berkus):

3) It's an easy search-and-replace operator for porting applications
from SQL databases which automatically do case-insensitive comparisons
using LIKE, such as MySQL and some installations of MSSQL.

Hannu

От: Ian Barwick
Сообщение: Re: Linking to "current" docs
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] I cant find it or I'm just lazy ?