Re: The last configuration file patch (I hope!) This one

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: The last configuration file patch (I hope!) This one
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 02:43, mlw wrote:
> PostgreSQL Extended Configuration Patch
> --- Run-time process ID ---
> postmaster -R /var/run/postmaster.pid
>
> This will direct PostgreSQL to write its process ID number
> to a file, /var/run/postgresql.conf
>
> --- postgresql.conf  options ---
> The "-R" option on the command line overrides the
> "runtime_pidfile" in the configuration file.

I raised the possibility of moving the pid file only last week.  Tom
pointed out that it acts as a lock on the database to prevent two
postmasters' trying to manage the same database.  As such it should NOT
be a configurable parameter.

========================================   "And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear      ye not; for I
knowthat ye seek Jesus, who was      crucified. He is not here; for he is risen, as he      said...Therefore be ye also
ready;for in such an hour     as ye think not the Son of man cometh."                                         Matthew
28:5,6;24:44