sharing Connection object and SQLExceptions

От Steve Linabery
Тема sharing Connection object and SQLExceptions
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Another question from me today.

So I had some java (1.4) code that shared a Connection object to do a
transaction.  There were no threading issues with the code in question;
it was a case where one object created another using a live Connection
in the second object's constructor.  Then the first object made some
method calls to the second object during an SQL transaction
(db.setAutoCommitMode(false)).

One of the methods in the second object was throwing an SQLException.
It was trying to delete a table that did not exist.

After some debugging, it appeared that something in the Connection went
south after that error.  Subsequently, if I created a Statement and
tried to query a table in the database (*not* the one that the program
had attempted to drop) I'd get another SQLException about the query
returned no rows.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thank you,
Steve Linabery

От: Steve Linabery
Сообщение: Re: jdbc & tomcat
От: "Michael Paesold"
Сообщение: Re: sharing Connection object and SQLExceptions