Pgsql and the MARC standards

От Roberto Andrade Fonseca
Тема Pgsql and the MARC standards
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi:

I'm consulting for a small company that is designing a system to save,
edit, and retrieve books' records with the MARC bibliographic standards.

We are having some interesting discussions about the implementation of
the standard using a relational database (pgsql of course!).

It seems that an object-oriented database is best suited for this kind
of tasks.

I'd like to know if one of you have some experiences and hints in this
field.

We are going to use perl and CGI.pm, I just found a site
(http://www.loc.gov/marc/marcsgml.html) with information about MARC,
SGML and XML. Is it a good way to go?

TIA
--