Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> I wonder if this is a problem with gcc 4 on Solaris.  The OP is
> using Solaris 8/gcc 4.0.2 and the previous complaint involved
> Solaris 10/gcc 4.0.0.  My Solaris 9/gcc 3.4.2 box builds fine,
> as does the Solaris 10/gcc 3.3.2 box buzzard in the buildfarm.

Hmm ... I am suddenly reminded that gcc is fairly fragile about being
copied from one platform/version to another without care.  Is it
possible that the gcc installations in use here were originally
generated on another Solaris release?  If so they may contain private
copies of the system headers that don't match up with the current
platform.  I've seen similar things happen on HPUX: gcc built on 11.11
just does not work very well on 11.23.

On a default HPUX build you can look into /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/ to
discern what the compiler was actually built on; not sure if the
equivalent directories are kept in the same place on Solaris.

От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Installation trouble - Solved (?)
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Login limitation?