Re: multi-worker pg_restore was: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: multi-worker pg_restore was: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> However one observation that I am going to (try) to test is that we are
> spending a lot of time waiting for the last thread to finish.

IOW you haven't balanced the work given to each thread very well?
Or is there something else happening?

How exactly are you allocating tasks to threads in this prototype,
anyway?

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: multi-worker pg_restore was: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
От: Neil Conway
Сообщение: Re: Two Coverity Scan volunteers needed