Re: Performance problem with 50,000,000 rows

От tony
Тема Re: Performance problem with 50,000,000 rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2001-10-11 at 00:03, Feite Brekeveld wrote:

> Just, reading it and I always enter these kind of queries like:
>
> select   i.isbn,
>          t.vendor,
>          i.store,
>          i.qty
> from     bk_inv i,
>          bk_title t
> where
>        t.vendor = '01672708' and
>        i.isbn = t.isbn;
>
> Don't know if it makes a difference but I can imagine that it could because
> the t.vendor = '...' limits the possibilities in the first stage.

I have noticed this behaviour too. Is there some sort of guide to use in
order to get the query right? Or is this just part of SQL basics?

Cheers

Tony Grant

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: "Relation x does not exist" error when x does exist
От: Orion
Сообщение: Cant get planner to use index (7.1.3-1PGDG)