Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/19/24 7:24 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> On Mon, 20 May 2024 at 09:35, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Thanks for all the feedback to date. Please see the next revision.
>> Again, please provide feedback no later than 2024-05-22 18:00 UTC.
>
> Thanks for the updates.
>
>> [`COPY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/sql-copy.html) is used to efficiently bulk load data into PostgreSQL,
andwith PostgreSQL 17 shows a 2x performance improvement when loading large rows.

> The 2x thing mentioned by Jelte is for COPY TO rather than COPY FROM.
> So I think "exporting" or "sending large rows to the client"  rather
> than "loading".

Thanks for the clarification - I've edited it as such. That also brings
up a good point to highlight that COPY is not just for loading (since my
bias is to do loads these days :) Now it reads:

[`COPY`](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/17/sql-copy.html) is used to
efficiently bulk load and export data from PostgreSQL, and now with
PostgreSQL 17 you may see up to a 2x performance improvement when
exporting large rows.

> There's also a stray "with" in that sentence.

Thanks, fixed.

Jonathan

Вложения

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 17 Beta 1 release announcement draft