Re: planer picks a bad plan (seq-scan instead of index) when adding an additional join

От Thomas H.
Тема Re: planer picks a bad plan (seq-scan instead of index) when adding an additional join
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I wrote:
>> This didn't matter a whole lot back when the planner couldn't reorder
>> outer joins, but now that it can, it's more important that the estimates
>> be accurate.
>
>> I'm not sure if this is feasible to fix before 8.2, but I'll take a
>> look.
>
> Actually, the changes were far more localized than I first feared.
> Please apply the attached patch to your copy and see what you get for
> your problem query.

thanks for the quick patch. unfortunately i'm stuck with the win32 version
for now and haven't got the possibility to compile from source (yet)...

maybe magnus can provide me a custom win32 executable of b3 that contains
this patch [and the one for the xlog lockup]?

best wishes,
thomas

От: Matthew Peter
Сообщение: Re: RULE - special variables?
От: Cornelia Boenigk
Сообщение: Re: zero values in statistic views