Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2023-01-21 at 14:01 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> There are good reasons to have 'peer' authentication set up for the
> user
> running postgres, so admin scripts can connect without issues. Which
> unfortunately then also means that postgres_fdw etc can connect to
> the current
> database as superuser, without that check. Which imo clearly is an
> issue.

Perhaps we should have a way to directly turn on/off authentication
methods in libpq through API functions and/or options?

This reminds me of the "channel_binding=required" option. We considered
some similar alternatives for that feature.

> Why is this only about local files, rather than e.g. also using the
> local
> user?

It's not, but we happen to already have pg_read_server_files, and it
makes sense to use that at least for files referenced directly in the
connection string. You're right that it's incomplete, and also that it
doesn't make a lot of sense for files accessed indirectly.

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
От: Jelte Fennema
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner