Login limitation?

От Együd Csaba
Тема Login limitation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

I'd like to know if there is a method to let a user login into only
predefined databases? I know that I could edit pg_hba.conf to achive this,
but
- there will be many databases on the server with the same structure but
with different data
- there will be "local admins" who must be able to create new "local users"
(of their own db)
- it is a win32 client application... so editing pg_hba.conf is not too
easy...

So I'd need an administrative method (command?) which is capable to define
(in the server level) a set of databases (0, 1 or more) for every user which
she can login and prevent her from logging in to any other databases. This
data should be modified via SQL statements like GRANT.

I tried to REVOKE all priviges from a user on a db, but the user still able
to login. Another question is that she can't do anything.

Any ideas?

Thx
  -- Csaba Együd

От: Együd Csaba (Freemail)
Сообщение: Re: FW: GRANT question
От: Brendan Jurd
Сообщение: Re: Generic Q about max(id) vs ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 1