Re: Missing information on '-X' in section 26.3.6.1.

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Missing information on '-X' in section 26.3.6.1.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 23 Jan 2024, at 21:43, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 1:30 PM PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org <mailto:noreply@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/continuous-archiving.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/continuous-archiving.html>

> I noticed, that in section 26.3.6.1. it's not specified, what the -X
> parameter should be set to (stream or fetch, or whether it even matters). I
> could continue with trial and error, but it confused me a bit.
>
> The -X parameter is documented to have a default; but since both fetch and stream are documented to give you the same
endresult it doesn't matter.  Of course you cannot specify the none method.

Agreed.  Still, it doesn't hurt to spell out what we take for granted but a
newcomer have to figure out in order to make the documentation easy to follow
for new users. Something like the attached would be enough I think.
--
Daniel Gustafsson

Вложения

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Missing information on '-X' in section 26.3.6.1.
От: gparc@free.fr
Сообщение: Re: SQL command : ALTER DATABASE OWNER TO