Re: pgsql: Remove the adminpack contrib extension

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove the adminpack contrib extension
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 4 Mar 2024, at 16:27, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2024-Mar-04, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>
>> The pg_upgrade Xversion test on crake failed on this, I'm trying to reproduce
>> the cross-version test locally to verify the below diff but it's right now
>> failing on an unrelated thing.
>
> What unrelated thing?

I was trying to get the crossversion tests to work with make check, but was
only able to get them running properly with make installcheck, will investigate
that further.  So unrelated to the specific failure at hand, not unrelated to
crossversion testing.

> I suggest to try to initdb the old version with
> the current REL_12_STABLE branch tip, because IIRC there are changes
> that cause the pg_upgrade test to fail.

I see that my fix didn't solve it for 11 and 9.x on crake and drongo, will
rebuild more old trees and test to find the correct fix.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove the adminpack contrib extension
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Further fix pg_upgrade crossversion test for adminpack.