Re: Moving pgstat.stat and pgstat.tmp

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: Moving pgstat.stat and pgstat.tmp
Дата
Re: Moving pgstat.stat and pgstat.tmp  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 3, 2007, at 6:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com> writes:
>> 8.2.5 on Solaris 10.  Before we upgraded to 8.2.4 it was doing about
>> 65 Mbs/sec.  Interestingly, a while back we were running with the
>> data directory mounted with forcedirectio and saw none of this, I'm
>> guessing that fsync calls would have something to do with that?
>
> Hmm ... no, because the stats file never gets fsync'd.  I should think
> that forcedirectio would have made things worse.

Interesting.  If this is anything you'd like to look into I can
provide whatever diagnostic output you need (iostat, vmstat, dtrace
script outputs, etc...) but I do have to reiterate that we are an
extreme corner case due to out schema size.  For now, is renaming the
#define'd paths for the stats file and temp file sufficient for
moving them?  Basically, we'd like to move them onto a RAM  disk to
give our disks a break.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888
615.292.0777 (fax)

От: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Сообщение: Re: stored procedures and dynamic queries
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Moving pgstat.stat and pgstat.tmp