RE: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Дата
Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Haribabu Kommi [mailto:kommi.haribabu@gmail.com]
> May be I can give a try by modifying the source code to get the crash.

Thank you, that would be great if you could come up with a good way!

> My point is, With this patch, in case if the postgres crashses
> before reaching main(), does it generate a popup?
>
> If the answer to the above question is yes, then if the popup is
> not attended by the DBA, I feel the postmaster is not able to
> restart all the processes because it is waiting for the crash process
> to close. Am I Correct?

IIRC, the pop up doesn't appear under Windows service.  If you start the database server with pg_ctl start on the
commandprompt, the pop up will appear, which I think is not bad.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Keep one postmaster monitoring pipe perprocess
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Bug in gin insert redo code path during re-compression of emptygin data leaf pages