Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Mithun Cy
> Thanks, my concern is suppose you have 3 server in cluster A(new version),
> B(new version), C(old version). If we implement as above only new servers
> will send ParameterStatus message to indicate what type of server we are
> connected. Server C will not send same. So we will not be able to use new
> feature "failover to new master" for such a kind of cluster.

No, the streaming replication requires the same major release for all member servers, so there's no concern about the
mixed-versioncluster.

Sorry, pmState can only be used in postmaster.  In our context, postgres can use RecoveryInProgress().  Anyway, in
additionto the reduced round trip, the libpq code would be much simpler.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: 9.6 TAP tests and extensions
От: "Okano, Naoki"
Сообщение: Adding the optional clause 'AS' in CREATE TRIGGER