Re: Extension compatibility between postgresql minor version

От David Richer
Тема Re: Extension compatibility between postgresql minor version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes are right, I meant  a 9.3.15 extension with a 9.3.14 server.
Thanks for the help guys!

On 2016-11-24, 12:10 PM, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

    > On 11/24/2016 09:01 AM, David Richer wrote:
    >> I am not an expert but I am assuming that the native part of the extension (pg_freespacemap.so) is compiled with
postgresqlheaders and libs.

    > The part that confused me is the last part where you ask about using a
    > 9.3.14 extension with a 9.3.15 server which is the opposite of
    > everything you said previously, in particular the prior sentence.

    It would probably work either way, although a prudent man would peruse
    the 9.3.15 release notes to see if anything was said about changes that
    cause breakage of extensions.  But we try hard to avoid such changes
    in minor releases, particularly in long-stable branches.

От: Moreno Andreo
Сообщение: Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Best practices to manage custom statistics
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: query locks up when run concurrently