Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.05.24 04:26, Robert Haas wrote:
> I do*emphatically*  think we need a parking lot.

People seem to like this idea; I'm not quite sure I follow it.  If you
just want the automated patch testing, you can do that on your own by
setting up github/cirrus for your own account.  If you keep emailing the
public your patches just because you don't want to set up your private
testing tooling, that seems a bit abusive?

Are there other reasons why developers might want their patches
registered in a parking lot?

We also need to consider that the cfbot/cirrus resources are limited.
Whatever changes we make, we should make sure that they are prioritized
well.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Schema variables - new implementation for Postgres 15