Re: I need your help to get opinions about this situation

От David Johnston
Тема Re: I need your help to get opinions about this situation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'll leave the "can/cannot" responses to those more familiar with
high-load/use situations but I am curious;  what reasons other than cost are
leading you to discontinue using your current database engine?  With that
many entities any migration is likely to be quite challenging even if you
restricted initial development to standard SQL.

My estimate is that it is possible that PostgreSQL would meet your needs -
though as you say the use of various tools to connection pool and such are
going to be critical.

As for recommendations - buy as much hardware as you can afford.

David J.

От: Willy-Bas Loos
Сообщение: Re: Integrated Trigers
От: Willy-Bas Loos
Сообщение: Re: Screencasts for PostgreSQL