Re: Migration from other database systems to PostgreSQL

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Migration from other database systems to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Database wise, yes, it would be like the pga2 Migration Wizard, allowing you to map incoming ODBC types to outgoing
types.

> A good start might be to be able to read the dumps from
> Oracle, MySQL, DB2 and MsSQL. This would be a small
> revolution for PostgreSQL and would suit 90% needs of users.
> When this is achieved, and only then, you would go for more
> complex things.

This is a slightly different approach - mine is more like the old migration wizard, expanded with DTS style
transformations,and plugable data sources/targets.

> I feel (but I am only an average programmer as you know) that
> a series of regexp would suffice.

For migrating from a dump maybe, but I want to import/export text, or script data transformations between existing
tableson the same or different databases and so on.

Don't expect this anytime real soon though - it's one of those ideas I would love to implement but have no real reason
toactually do so....

Regards, Dave.

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Migration from other database systems to PostgreSQL
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Migration from other database systems to PostgreSQL