Re: Update

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Update
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam H. Pendleton [mailto:fmonkey@fmonkey.net]
Sent: 07 October 2003 13:48
To: Dave Page
Cc: pgadmin-hackers
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Update

Dave Page wrote:
Say I have some code in a script that looks like:

mv pgadmin3.tgz pgadmin3-${VERSION}.tgz

When configure runs, it then changes that to:

mv pgadmin3.tgz pgadmin3-1.1.0.tgz

Rather than change it of course, it could take script.in and create script.

Sure, that seems easy enough to do.  The only catch would be that configure would probably have to have the version number hard-coded into it.  Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.  If you give me some specifics, or just a script to start with, I'll take a crack at it.

I don't have a script yet as it would mean rewriting/splitting some of them - for example the pkg/src/build-tarball script would have to be split into pre and post configure sections.

Can't configure get the version number from configure.ac?

Regards, Dave.