Upper and Lower-cased Database names?

От Daniel B. Thurman
Тема Upper and Lower-cased Database names?
Дата
Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?  ("Christian Rengstl" <Christian.Rengstl@klinik.uni-regensburg.de>)
Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?  ("Ian Barwick" <barwick@gmail.com>)
Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: Upper and Lower-cased Database names?  ("Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Список pgsql-general
I am finding out for the first time that by having a database created
with the name: MyTest, I cannot do a simple query as follows:

postgres=# select * from MyTest.public.cars;
ERROR:  cross-database references are not implemented: "mytest.public.cars"

Notice, however since I created a cars table in the postgres database, I was
able to do a query:

postgres=# select * from postgres.public.cars ;

 carid |     name     | vendor | type
-------+--------------+--------+------
 H1    | Civic        | Honda  | FF
 N1    | Skyline GT-R | Nissan | 4WD
 T1    | Supra        | Toyota | FR
 T2    | MR-2         | Toyota | FF
(4 rows)

So the problem, it seems that mixed case database names might not be supported
with pssql?  I have a feeling that the default character set is SQL-ASCII and should be
changed to something else?  What might that be and how can I change/update the
character-set (encoding)?

Thanks!
Dan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.