Re: Visio ODBC winnt Linux question

От John Taylor
Тема Re: Visio ODBC winnt Linux question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Friday 22 March 2002 09:18, you wrote:
> hi all
>
> We have a postgres database on a Linux server.
>
> Now the powers that be have decided that they want us to look into
> connecting the postgres database to visio drawings, the persons viewing and
> working on the visio drawing will have winnt box's.
>
> My problem is
>
> 1. i have no idea if this is feasible or even where to look to start on this
> problem.
>
> 2. how do i set up ODBC drivers from winnt to the Linux-postgres.

There are ODBC drivers that work well, and are very easy to setup.
I have them running on my NT4.0 box without any problems.
Get them from:
http://odbc.postgresql.org

> 3. will i have to set up ODBC drivers to all people using Visio.

You will need to setup ODBC on all machines that need Vision to talk to postgres.

> 4. or can i get visio to sort of make a static drawing that people can view
> with out having to connect to postgres.

That will depend on Visio.
You could probably use Object Linking or some such to embed static objects.

Regards
JohnT

От: "Josh Berkus"
Сообщение: Re: What is object-relational?
От: Thorsten Haude
Сообщение: Reference to Inherited Table