Re: Lexicographic index ?

От Marin Dimitrov
Тема Re: Lexicographic index ?
Дата
Re: Lexicographic index ?  (Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: <arnaud.mlist1@free.fr>

> And what I want to built a query that tells me if a word given in argument
can
> be found at least partially in the database. Something like
>
> select * from twords where words||'%' like 'saxophones';
>
> works but uses a sequential scan on the table...

try http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/fulltextindexing.php

hth,

    Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "

От: arnaud.mlist1@free.fr
Сообщение: Lexicographic index ?
От: "Marin Dimitrov"
Сообщение: Re: Is there eny e-mail server that uses postgreSQL as backend server for mailboxes&users