Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/13/2016 8:51 AM, aws backup wrote:
> I assume that the postgres database password is the one which is shown
> in the DaVinci connect database window.
>
> user: postgres
> password: DaVinci

there are no database passwords, thats the password for the postgres
database role/user.

> But if I work in the Terminal and change the user "sudo su - postgres"
> I have to use my admin password.

sudo expects the password of the user running sudo.  this has nothing to
do wih postgres.

>> That is optional and I sort of doubt the application using one.
>
> You think DaVinci is not using any password … ?

he meant, he doubts DaVinci is using a .pgpass file.     The .pgpass
file is another way to pass your passwords to postgres, but its NOT
where postgres stores its passwords, those are stored as hashes in the
pg_catalog.

От: aws backup
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL:
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_dumpall: could not connect to database "template1": FATAL: