Re: plpgsql: RAISE

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: plpgsql: RAISE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck@yahoo.com>

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > and then the code takes care of swallowing expressions until ';',
> > similarly to the way SQL commands are handled.  (plpgsql's parsing
> > methodology is sinfully ugly, isn't it?  But I don't suppose you
> > want to try to replace it...)
>
>     It  is,  indeed,  and I'm sorry for that. But it was the only
>     way I saw to make new features in the PostgreSQL  main  query
>     engine  automatically  available in PL/pgSQL without a single
>     change.

Actually, I like the idea of using the SQL system to evaluate expressions -
why reinvent the wheel?

The only thing needed for this is a grammar for expressions so we can mix
and match with RAISE a bit better. First draft doesn't look too bad - I can
not deal with function-calls and brackets and still have something useful.

- Richard Huxton