Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Feature Request: pg_replication_master()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:50 AM Joshua Berkus wrote:

> > It stalled because the patch author decided not to implement the
> > request to detect recovery.conf in data directory, which allows
> > backwards compatibility.
>
> Well, I don't think we had agreement on how important backwards
> compatibility for recovery.conf was, particularly not on the whole
> recovery.conf/recovery.done functionality and the wierd formatting of
> recovery.conf.
>
> However, with "include_if_exists" directives in postgresql.conf, or
> "include_dir", that would be easy to work around.  Don't we have
> something like that planned for SET PERSISTENT?

Yes in SET PERSISTENT patch, it uses "include_dir".

I wonder why can't we get this information from WALRcvData structure?
It has the required information.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Pavan Deolasee
Сообщение: Re: Set visibility map bit after HOT prune
От: Groshev Andrey
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pg_upgrade 9.0 -> 9.1