Re: Re: Slower on Solaris (NOT that Red Hat thread anymore)

От Steve Wolfe
Тема Re: Re: Slower on Solaris (NOT that Red Hat thread anymore)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hrmm, well, we're running it with fsync disabled, and according to the
> docs, that should make the WAL_SYNC_METHOD irrelevant.  We had
> unacceptable performance with fsync enabled.

  I'm not as familiar with Solaris as I am with Linux, but I do recall
seeing benchmarks that show a significant speed increase in many
applications (as much as 40%) by using the "best" compiler optimization
flags - you may want to look at what it's being compiled with on your
machine.

steve