RE: When malloc returns zero ...

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: When malloc returns zero ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hmm,am I misunderstanding ?

As for conversion functions,shouldn't they return return-code
unless they could throw "catchable" exceptions ?
If the conversion 32768::int4 -> 32768::int2 returns an error
we would be able to find that "int2var = 32768::int4" is always
false.
If I recognize correctly,"catchable" exceptions means that
we could catch them if we want(otherwise they are dealt with
a default exception handler like current elog handler). So they
would be same as elog() except the special cases we are
interested in.

Where are problems when we handle conversion functions
with return code or "catchable" exceptions ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp