Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation

От Denis Perchine
Тема Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Would their be anything like an ILIKE for a case insensitive like
> > search?   Or maybe insensitive over text/char/varchar datatypes?
>
> What is ILIKE?

As far as I remember it was introduced in Oracle. (I may be mistaken)

> afaik it is not in SQL9x, so is there any reason to have
> that rather than the full regular expression case-insensitive operator
> ("~*") we already have?

Yes. They are. If you use RE you should escape lots of symbols. If you do not need
power of RE ILIKE is really the best choice.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp@perchine.com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: LIKE/ESCAPE implementation
От: Philip Warner
Сообщение: COALESCE implementation question