Re: Join between databases or (???)

От gnari
Тема Re: Join between databases or (???)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: "Net Virtual Mailing Lists" <mailinglists@net-virtual.com>

> See comments below..
>

> >> CREATE TABLE testschema.industries (
> >>     industry_id integer DEFAULT nextv
> >> al('"testschema.industries_industry_id_seq"'::text) NOT NULL,
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> When I try to insert a value into schema.industries it complains about
> >> testschema.industries_industry_id_seq not existing, yet I can execute
> >> "nextval" against that very schema....  Any idea what might be going
> >> wrong here?...
> >

> pg_dump created it with the double quotes, I have been modifying the dump
> to make it so appropriate things get created inside the schema, so I
> added in the testschema. part of it in this example.

if you put the schema name inside the double quotes, it gets interpreted
as part of the relation name.
try DEFAULT nextval('testschema."industries_industry_id_seq"'::text)
or  DEFAULT nextval('"testschema"."industries_industry_id_seq"'::text)
or  DEFAULT nextval('testschema.industries_industry_id_seq'::text)

gnari

От: "Net Virtual Mailing Lists"
Сообщение: Re: Join between databases or (???)
От: Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud
Сообщение: Re: COMMIT within function?