Re: Code of Conduct

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: Code of Conduct
Дата
Re: Code of Conduct  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Geoff,

> If there were a CoC that would explicitly disallow occasional lighthearted humour to a non-development list that is
intendedto offend no-one then I would most definitely remove myself from such a project.

> Some may consider that a positive thing, but I would like to think that in the main I have at least tried to help in
thesmall ways that I could.

> Your post, on the other hand, is clearly intended to censure a fellow contributor to the list, which I find far more
offensive.I guess that's the problem with CoCs, because to some people what's reasonable behaviour is utterly
unacceptableto others.

>  For what it's worth, I would consider my post to be no less on topic for postgres-general than the original topic.
Evennotwithstanding that I think it would be a complete waste of time and resources I don't consider this the correct
placeto hold such a conversation:
> there is a -docs list, after all. But since I'm able to simply ignore and delete those posts that don't interest me,
Ididn't really see any point in saying anything.

> Geoff

The Coc allows light-hearted humor,  I'm so disappointed you didn't get my clever punning in my last email.  I thought
itwas a treasure.

Now while what you said is fine for this list, it's questionable it adds value to this discussion.

On further observation, I realize it can be used as a testcase to test the strength of this Coc.  So I stand corrected
thisis quite relevant and useful to this discussion.  In fact, I think we should package all these and use them in
regressiontests for this Coc.

Thanks,
Regina

От: "Regina Obe"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: Geoff Winkless
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct