RE: Shouldn't flush dirty buffers at shutdown ?

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: Shouldn't flush dirty buffers at shutdown ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yes exactly.
But I've thought it's mainly for aborts in the middle of btree page
splitting or for system crash in which we couldn't expect synchronous
flushing of dirty buffers.
Now I feel I couldn't stop postmaster easily.
For example I have to read a sufficiently large table to
flush dirty buffers before shutdown of postmaster in my
test case. Must I recommend everyone to do so ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: CREATE DATABASE WITH OWNER '??';
От: "Mikheev, Vadim"
Сообщение: RE: Shouldn't flush dirty buffers at shutdown ?