RE: [HACKERS] Savepoints...

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Savepoints...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yes.
> begin;
> update t set...;
> update t set...;
> end;
>
> ?
>
> We'll remember command id for the first "update t" only
> (i.e. for the first ROW EXCLUSIVE mode lock over table t).

How to reduce lock counter for  ROW EXCLUSIVE mode lock
over table t?

And more questions.

HEAP_MARKED_FOR_UPDATE state could be rollbacked ?

For example

..
[savepoint 1]
select .. from t1 where key=1 for update;
[savepoint 2]
select .. from t1 where key=1 for update;
[savepoint 3]
update t1 set .. where key=1;

Rollback to savepoint 3 OK ?
Rollback to savepoint 2 OK ?