RE: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Column name's length

От Nat Howard
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Column name's length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Just a suggestion: use an printably-encoded version of
md5 or sha, which are cryptographic hash algorithms.

It will make the name completely predictable:
if(too_long(name)) {name = md5(name);
}

It will be *very* unlikely that there are any collisions.

Of course, a person won't say "gee, party_address_relation_code_types_seq is
too
long, I guess that will turn out to be d4420a3105e98e3e2e12c5c73019db59".