Re: [GENERAL] Unable to upload backups

От Ron Ben
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to upload backups
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Unable to upload backups
Список pgsql-general

OK. I think I found a bug in PostgreSQL (9.3).

When I do:

CREATE ROLE ronb
  SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEDB CREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

Everything works. I can create the schemas and upload the backup correclty.

But if I do:
CREATE ROLE "ronb" LOGIN
  NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;
GRANT users TO "ronb";

CREATE ROLE users
  SUPERUSER INHERIT CREATEDB CREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;

It doesn't work. ronb user still can't create schemas eventhogh the role users give ronb permission to do so.
The GRANT here is worthless.

Also, PostgreSQL doesn't show the GRANTS of role in the same order as they were given (In PgAdmin). It sort them alphabeticly which is highly confusing!
If for example you run "alter table x add column" you know that the new column is added last (if you refresh the table you will see it last).
But if you add another GRANT statment to user it won't be in the last.. you have no way of knowing the correct order of GRANTS.

ב אפר׳ 19, 2017 17:26, Adrian Klaver כתב:
On 04/19/2017 07:16 AM, Ron Ben wrote:
> Here :)

Thanks.

See my previous response. Basically we need more information before this
can be solved.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com