Re: Determine optimal fdatasync/fsync, O_SYNC/O_DSYNC options

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Determine optimal fdatasync/fsync, O_SYNC/O_DSYNC options
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

TL> Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>> If we had a majority of queries filling more than one block we would
>> be checkpointing like crazy and we don't normally get reports about
>> that.

TL> [ raised eyebrow... ]  And of course the 30-second-checkpoint-warning
TL> stuff is a useless feature that no one ever exercises.

Well, last year about this time I discovered in my testing I was
excessively checkpointing;  I found that the error message was
confusing, and Bruce cleaned it up.  So at least one person excercised
that feature, namely me. :-)

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD  +1-301-869-4449 x806
AIM: vivekkhera Y!: vivek_khera   http://www.khera.org/~vivek/