Re: State of Beta 2

От Manfred Koizar
Тема Re: State of Beta 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:25:53 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:
>"int8col = 42" isn't indexable.  [...] --- maybe
>just taking out the int8-vs-int4 comparison operators would improve
>matters.  I might be willing to advocate another initdb to do that,

You mean

    DELETE FROM pg_operator WHERE oid in (15, 36, 416, 417);

and possibly some more oids?  Does this really require an initdb?  If
we were willing to tell people who roll a 7.4Beta2 database cluster
into 7.4Beta3 (or 7.4 production) to execute this query once per
database, we could get away without increasing CATALOG_VERSION_NO.

Servus
 Manfred