Re: Re: cannot create new user in postgres

От jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Тема Re: Re: cannot create new user in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
joydip@cal2.vsnl.net.in <joydip@cal2.vsnl.net.in> wrote:
>    I am trying to create the user but it was giving folllowing errors
>
>    [postgres@ns data]$ su siddharta
>    su: user siddharta does not exist

Meaning: there is no Unix user 'siddharta' on your system.

>    This is how I created the user........

[createuser]

Meaning: there is now a PostgreSQL database user 'siddharta'.

PostgreSQL uses a user system that is separate from the underlying operating
system. There is no problem, just a misunderstanding on your part. You can
now use the database user you created with PostgreSQL's commands, e.g
"psql -U siddharta".

HTH,
Ray
--
"If we put in English phrases, that makes it readable".  That's COBOL.
    Larry Wall on common fallacies of language design