Re: Low performance on Windows problem

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Low performance on Windows problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
This is sounding suspiciously similar to behavior I've seen with other types of TCP database connections when the
tcp-no-delayoption is not on.  Is it possible that the ODBC driver for Windows is not successfully setting this up?

-Kevin

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:20:05AM -0400, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> I loaded your dump and was able to select entire table in trivial time
> from both pgAdmin and psql shell.  I am suspecting some type of tcp
> problem here.  Can you confirm slow times on unloaded server?

Did you run the select remotely on a Windows server?

Yes the server load is practically 0. Note the difference between local and
remote execution of the command. I think you are right about the network
problem possibility. But it is bound to PostgreSQL. MySQL on the same
machine (and same database content) had no problem.

So are there any known issues with PostgreSQL on Windows sending data to
remote hosts connected via ODBC?
What should I do to find out more debug info?

Сообщение: Re: Low performance on Windows problem
Сообщение: Re: Low performance on Windows problem