Re: Quick System Catalog Query Question

От Manuel Sugawara
Тема Re: Quick System Catalog Query Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

---------+----------+--------+-----------+----------+---------+--------------+----------+----------+---------+-----------+------------+------------+------------+----------+------------+------------
>   varchar |        1 |     -1 |        -1 | f        | b       | t      | ,
> |        0 |       0 | varcharin | varcharout | varcharin  | varcharout | i
> | x          |
>

> I do not see "1043",  thus my original email.

OID, among others is a hidden column, you need to explicitly ask for
it in your query:

SELECT oid, * FROM pg_type WHERE typname='varchar';

> I'm just now starting to work with OID's.    Does every row
> in the system catalogs have an OID?

Most of them.

> reference to another tablename.oid - to get the actual name, simply
> use the known OID from the first table as a lookup value into the
> second ( reference table ), to get the textual vlaue.  ?  Correct ?

Correct.

Regards,
Manuel.

От: Geoffrey
Сообщение: Re: Spontaneous PostgreSQL Server Reboot?