Re: "duplicate key value violates unique constraint" ERROR

От Ian Lea
Тема Re: "duplicate key value violates unique constraint" ERROR
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The most likely cause is surely application error: your application is
attempting to insert rows into a table and those new rows have the
primary key set to a value that is already present for that table.
Could be the app isn't checking properly before doing an insert (or
update), could be you are trying to load data twice, could be whatever
is generating the data in the first place is generating duplicates,
etc.

Seems unlikely that the exception itself would cause your system to
slow down but whatever is causing the exception (trying to load
everything multiple times?) might be.

--
Ian.