Re: On future conferences

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: On future conferences
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 9/23/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@acm.org> wrote:
> It strikes me that for 2007 to be the year of "regional PostgreSQL
> conferences" might be a neat idea.
>
> Thus, one in Japan, one in eastern Canada, perhaps one in the western
> US, perhaps one or more in Europe and elsewhere, with the assumption
> of rather less heavy travel being involved than was the case for the
> "Anniversary" conference.

Completely I agree with that.
Regional conferences are very important for many local developers/users.

And I want to ask the community to

- share our presenstation(educational) materials under CreativeCommons lisence.
- update our past presentation materials for 8.1/8.2.
- make podcasts of our regional conferences.
- make collection of our presentation/podcast materials at www.postgresql.org.

If we share such information/materials on the Internet,
it will be a world-wide knowledgebase, and it will help
small user group to start their small local conference.

Thus, if we get many materials and developers/users,
we will be ready to have a world-wide PostgreSQL conference
in 2008 (or later).
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>