Re: On future conferences

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: On future conferences
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

I don't agree with holding a pg-hackers' conference in Japan
*next year*. It is not only financial issue.

JPUG has own conference for business users and application
developers every year.

In my opinion, this conference is more important than hackers'
conference, because business users/application developers are
*very very* important for the software product. So I don't want to push
a bilingual/English-language conference to them (bilingual keynote
speech is welcome).

Of course, I understand the hackers conference is also important,
so if you plan to separate two conferences (for hackers and users),
it's good idea, but I don't think JPUG has ability to have two big
conferences in one year.

I agree with holding pg-hackers conference at OSCON or LinuxWorld.
It looks reasonable for us.

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga@snaga.org>