Re: Full statement logging problematic on larger machines?

От sathiya psql
Тема Re: Full statement logging problematic on larger machines?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
for profiling, you can also use the epqa.

http://epqa.sourceforge.net/

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Laurent Laborde <kerdezixe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Frank Joerdens <frank@joerdens.de> wrote:

> effective_cache_size            = 4GB

Only 4GB with 64GB of ram ?

About logging, we have 3 partition :
- data
- everything else, including logging.

Usually, we log on a remote syslog (a dedicated log server for the
whole server farm).

For profiling (pgfouine), we have a crontab that change the postgresql
logging configuration for just a few mn.
and log "all" on the "everything but postgresql" partition.

around 2000 query/seconds/servers, no problem.

--
Laurent Laborde
Sysadmin at JFG-Networks / Over-blog