Re: Problem with database performance, Debian 4gb ram ?

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Problem with database performance, Debian 4gb ram ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Grant Masan <grant.massan@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> cpu_tuple_cost = 0.0030
>> cpu_index_tuple_cost = 0.0010
>> cpu_operator_cost = 0.0005
>
> Why did you make these adjustments?  I usually have to change the
> ratio between page and cpu costs toward the other direction.

Is that because the database is mostly cached in memory?  If I take the
documented descriptions of the costs parameters at face value, I find
that cpu_tuple_cost should be even lower yet.

Cheer,

Jeff