Limited number of simultaneous connections on Windows

От Pawel Kukawski
Тема Limited number of simultaneous connections on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have recently read about limited number of simultaneous connections
on Windows when postgres is running as a service.
Link is available here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#I_cannot_run_with_more_than_about_125_connections_at_once.2C_despite_having_capable_hardware

I tried to repeate this issue on my server ( Windows 7 32-bit,
PostgreSQL 9.0.4 and max_connections set to 200) but surprisingly I
was not able to do it.
I used the following command:

pgbench -S -c 150 -j 150 -t 2000 pgbench

Does it mean that this issue does not exist anymore ?

Regards,
Paweł